- Dovel Technologies, LLC provides leading edge software and application development services specializing in mission driven solutions that address complex business processes and technology challenges. We practice CMMI® ML3 processes and delivery solutions and are an innovative mission oriented technology company focused on complex business and technical challenges, ensuring solutions support the achievement of your mission. Our team creates software solutions that help customers communicate, access, and store mission critical information. Dovel is instrumental in the design and implementation of some of the most mission critical and innovative systems in government today.
Dovel, ranked #12 on the Washington Business Journal’s 50 Fastest Growing Companies in 2016! Join our team today!
We have a current opening for a Business Analyst/Documentation Specialist to support a large government contract in McLean, VA with travel to customer site (Washington, DC) as needed. Project Description:
Dovel Technologies, LLC has an immediate need for a Business Analyst/Documentation Specialist who will work with the project team to ensure high quality delivery of a mission-critical application.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assists Lead BA in gathering and documenting system requirements
- Updates and/or creates project related documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), installation instructions, training materials, test reports, meeting minutes, Visio diagrams, spreadsheets, presentations and other artifacts as necessary.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes technical information.
- Maintains requirements artifacts (including Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)) and requirements change log
- Creates wireframes to demonstrate understanding of requirements
- Prepares for and assists with customer demonstrations
- Prepares and submits weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical users. Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Authors user guides and other required documentation for system user training.
- Maintains project artifacts repository in SharePoint
- Performs occasional system testing
Essential Skills: The “Must Haves”
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques and tools
- Ability to conduct and/or support requirements gathering or JAD sessions
- Ability to create and edit requirements artifacts including, but not limited to, user stories, use cases, etc.
- Strong ability to analyze customer feedback and convert it into functional or technical requirements documentation
- Familiarity with Configuration Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Skilled at prioritizing and completing tasks of multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Demonstrated writing proficiency for multiple audiences and in multiple modes (reports, meeting minutes, presentations, emails, technical specifications, proposals)
- Demonstrated editing and quality assurance proficiency
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- User knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical documentation knowledge and experience
- Ability to prioritize and operate with multiple competing priorities
- Experience supporting an Agile delivery contract
- Self-starter, growth oriented
- Experience with Visio and wireframes/graphics creation software
Preferred Skills: The “Nice to Haves”
- PMP and/or PBA certification
- Familiarity with Oracle products a big plus
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- **5-7** years of experience with gathering business requirements, technical writing, and technical documentation
- Undergraduate degree in related field.
- Must possess or be eligible for a public trust clearance.
Dovel Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Words that describe Dovel
A Lean Forward Company; Agile; Fun; High-Energy; Leaders Encouraged; Innovative; Users of Cutting-Edge Technology; Client-Oriented-Consultative Environment; Skilled, Educated, and Certified Professionals; Stable and Growing
Paid Time Off; 10 Paid Holidays; Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; Vision Plan; Life Insurance; Long Term Disability; Short Term Disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; matching 401(k) with matching; Voluntary Life Insurance
CTO Group Mentorship; On-site State-of-the-Art Technology Lab; Casual Fridays, Friday breakfast on-site and more…