ZapThink offers a range of different courses and training options for both individuals and organizations. We offer a regular schedule of open enrollment courses, and we can also bring any course we offer in-house anywhere in the world for a discounted fee per student.
Licensed ZapThink Architect Program
ZapThink’s flagship offering is the Licensed ZapThink Architect (LZA) program. The LZA program includes:
- A four-day Bootcamp course offered by ZapThink’s master architects
- A globally recognized, renewable credential
- A community of over one thousand architects and other practitioners who have received the credential.
Custom Training and Round Tables
If our Licensed ZapThink Architect Bootcamp or SOA & Cloud Governance course don’t quite fit the bill, we’d be happy to create a custom course just for your needs. From seminar-length Executive Round Tables to technically-focused deep dives for various technology audiences, we have the course for you. Interested in our popular one-day SOA for Managers course? We offer a certificate of completion for that course.
Please email ZapThink at email@example.com for more information on the SOA for Managers course, or any custom training options.
SOA and Cloud Governance Training & Certification
Do SOA and Cloud Governance Right!
- Are you struggling with making SOA work and troubled by governance concerns?
- Are you looking for SOA governance best practices for design time, run time, and change time / version management?
- Do you want hands-on experience with SOA governance methods, tools, and frameworks before you commit to a SOA endeavor?
- Is your organization looking into Cloud Computing and you want a heads-up about Cloud Governance issues before you get into hot water?
- Are you looking for a third-party credential to endorse your SOA governance knowledge?
If so, then register for the two-day SOA & Cloud Governance Training and Certification course offered by ZapThink. In this two-day workshop, you will learn in-depth, practical SOA and Cloud governance methodologies, techniques, and approaches in ways that are not specific to any particular technology or an individual vendor implementation. The SOA Governance Training and Certification course is led by skilled instructors who not only have architectural and governance expertise, but also know-how in how to apply SOA governance technologies and frameworks into practice.
One of the biggest challenges facing the SOA marketplace is the lack of proper governance to make sure that SOA exists in a controlled environment, and not the potential chaos that can emerge from uncontrolled, dynamic consumption and composition.
If you already have an LZA credential, this course adds a SOA Governance endorsement that will further add to your knowledge and capabilities. Based on the demand we have seen in this market, the SOA and Cloud governance course fills the unmet need for both SOA and Cloud governance training as well as certification.
The course contains eight modules plus several in-class team exercises, product demos and homework exercises. We also update the course material periodically to keep the content fresh and current.
SOA & Cloud Governance Course Agenda
Module 1: Context for Governance
Upon completion of this module, you will understand the context for governance within the enterprise, and the corporate and IT governance context for SOA governance.
Module 2: SOA Level Set
Upon completion of this module, you will have a broad understanding of SOA as an architectural approach, and a high-level understanding of Services.
Module 3: Governance of the SOA Initiative
Upon completion of this module, you will understand the role SOA plays in governance, both in terms of the governance of SOA initiatives, as well as how SOA can facilitate IT and corporate governance, and the infrastructure required for effective SOA governance.
Demo: IBM WSRR
In-Class Exercise: Organizational Impact Assessment
Module 4: Policies
Upon completion of this module, you will understand both the business and technical context for policies, and how policies are represented and manipulated in the context of Web Services.
Demo: Mule Galaxy
Module 5: The Service Lifecycle
Upon completion of this module, you will understand how the Service lifecycle differs from a traditional software development lifecycle, and how governance drives the design time, run time, and change time phases of the lifecycle.
Homework: Service Lifecycle
Module 6: SOA Governance Challenges
Upon completion of this module, you will understand essential techniques for dealing with the challenges of funding, reuse, interoperability, business empowerment, and achieving the right amount of governance.
Demo: HP Systinet
Module 7: SOA Governance Infrastructure
Upon completion of this module, you will understand the role registry/repositories, SOA management tools, and policy enforcement points play in SOA governance.
Demo: Progress Actional
Live Demo: Software AG CentraSite
In-Class Exercise: Hands-On SOA Governance
Module 8: Cloud Governance
Upon completion of this module, you will understand how Cloud governance is a natural extension of SOA governance, and some of the issues with Cloud Computing and how governance can address them.
Final Exam: SOA Jeopardy!
<link>Click here to see the current schedule of open enrollment SOA & Cloud Governance courses, and to register.</a>
DoDAF 2.0 and SOA Course
A large part of ZapThink’s US-based business is with the Department of Defense, and our DoD clients have asked us to put together a two-day course focusing on the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) version 2.0, and how it relates to SOA. This course is only available when brought in-house, and is available under a GSA contract. Please email ZapThink at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
DoDAF 2.0 and SOA Course Agenda
Module 1: Introduction to DoDAF 2.0
- What is DoDAF all about?
- History of DoDAF v1.0 to v2.0
- Understanding DoDAF in the SOA Context
Module 2: All & Operational Views
- What are the All View (AV) and Operational Views (OVs)
- Practical examples of how to apply AV and OVs
- Implementing AVs in the context of SOA
- Implementing OVs in the context of SOA
Module 3: Project & Capabilities Views
- What are the Project View (PV) and Capability Views (CVs)
- Practical examples of how to apply PV and CVs
- Implementing PVs in the context of SOA
- Implementing CVs in the context of SOA
Module 4: Service & System Views
- What are the Service View (SvcV) and System Views (SysVs)
- SvcV views: where SOA and DoDAF rubber meets the road
- Practical examples of how to apply SvcV and SysVs
- Implementing SvcV in the context of SOA
- Implementing SysV in the context of SOA
Module 5: Data Views and DM2
- Explanation of the DoDAF Metamodel (DM2) and how the various concepts relate
- What are the Data View (DV) and Standards Views (StdV)?
- Utilizing the DM2 in t he context of SOA
- Practical examples of how to apply DV and StdV Views
- Implementing DV in the context of SOA
- Implementing StdV in the context of SOA
Five-Day LZA Bootcamp with DoDAF
For DoD clients who wish to combine the four-day LZA Bootcamp and the two-day DoDAF and SOA course, ZapThink offers an integrated LZA Bootcamp with DoDAF course that places the entire LZA Bootcamp into the context of DoDAF. This course is also only available when brought in-house, and is available under a GSA contract.
Please email ZapThink at email@example.com for more information.