(PRLEAP.COM) BALTIMORE, MD, February 27, 2008 – ZapThink announces today its upcoming Practical Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) New York / New Jersey conference in Newark, NJ featuring speakers, best practices, case studies, and lessons learned on the finance, pharmaceuticals, health care, insurance, and media industries in Newark, New Jersey on March 25, 2008. The Practical SOA event series is targeted at companies and individuals looking for practical business case studies and value propositions for SOA, those who want to learn the latest best practices for making SOA a success, those looking to hear from successful architects about their SOA efforts, want to learn from peers about what it takes to put together a successful SOA, and/or want to take their SOA efforts to the next level.
“Companies are tired of all the hype surrounding Web Services and SOA, and are finding it difficult to learn what they really need to know from vendor-centric conferences and training,” said Ronald Schmelzer, Managing Partner with ZapThink, LLC. “Practical SOA events give Enterprise Architecture practitioners, consulting firms, and vendors, the best practices and practical implementation knowledge they are seeking.”
Presenters at the upcoming Practical SOA: New York / New Jersey at the Hilton Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ include:
- Benjamin Moreland, Director, Foundation Services, The Hartford
- Kush Misra, Senior Principal Software Engineer, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ron Schmelzer, Managing Partner, ZapThink, LLC
- Tim Hall, Product Manager, HP Software’s SOA Center
- Jim Mackay, CMO, iTKO, Inc.
- Al Aghili, CTO and Founder, Managed Methods
- Martin Milani, CTO, Tidal Software
Sponsors include Hewlett-Packard, Data Direct, iTKO, Managed Methods, and Tidal Software. At the event in Newark, NJ on March 25, 2008, attendees will learn:
- What are current, worldwide SOA adoption trends?
- How is SOA impacting the Finance, Pharma, Insurance, and Media industries?
- As companies face significant market-shaping challenges, how will IT be able to respond to those challenges through SOA?
- What can companies learn from other industries and geographies with regards to SOA adoption?
- What is a practical SOA roadmap for IT practitioners?
For more information and to register for this Practical SOA event, visit http://www.zapthink.com/practicalsoa/ny. Early bird discounts are available for a limited time. Seats are limited and ZapThink expects Practical SOA events and locations to sell out.
Read more at: ZapThink Press Release